whale May Day! | Sea Cape Cod by Michael Mosier

Sea Cape Cod by Michael Mosier

Coming soon: Link to Waterfront Photography, in historic downtown Hyannis, Massachusetts, Cape Cod, USA 02651

May 1, 2014

May Day!

Filed under: Blog — Michael @ 2:09 pm

Greetings and salutations from the sand, sun and surf of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and the drizzly, misty, foggy and mild island of Nantucket! Did I get my point across?  Ahoy!, is this thing on McFly?  A rainy and raw day here in Hyannis/Hyannis Port, a Thursday, the first day of May, 2014, and I bid you a fine and fair adieu.  I pray the weather is behaving wherever you may be reading this right now, for I fear that weather is no longer a topic of small conversation, no sir, it has become the conversation…

For the past three or four days, the southern states in the U.S. have been hit with over a hundred and fifty tornadoes, resulting in at least 35 deaths.  God be with them and their families, really.  The stronger and stronger storms have turned the attention of many in this country, seeing that these weather events “may” be linked to what 97 percent of scientists around the globe call man made climate change…the other 3 percent are bought puppets by say, “philanthropists” like David and Charles Koch, whose Koch Industries, along with another oil, gas and chemical company, ExxonMobil, have spent 500 million in the past decade to deceive the American public.  Propaganda that attempts to hide the  consequences of their activities on the air, the water, the soil, namely the entire ecosystem as we know it, siding with madness as opposed to reason when it comes to the basic FACT that if WE, as a species, continue to pump all that carbon up into the atmosphere, warming the surface and water temperatures, WE will follow along the path of the Polar Bear. For the seas WILL rise, the droughts will deepen, wild fires will rage, storms will get stronger and generations from perhaps not that far off in ‘time’ will ask, “…wasn’t Vladamir Putin one of those Oligarchs who were only interested in their own selfish ends?  And did the never ending hunger for money and power bring the world to it’s knees, the planet revolting and ‘letting off some steam’? ” The new Global Economy, gotta love it.   “I’m Lovin’ it!  Da!”… (Rosneft’ NK OAO’s newly acquired official statement)

So on this “May Day” in Moscow–”…this isn’t Russia Danny, is this Russia?” (credit the film “Caddyshack”, circa 1980, starring Chevy Chase, and the late greats Ted Knight and Rodney Dangerfield), a day celebrated by many all over the northern hemisphere, bringing in Spring and sending love to workers all over the world, you know, the ‘little people’,  Remember them Republicans?  The “American People”, the vast majority of them?  You knuckleheads!–keep up the pressure for a minimum wage hike for the now majority working poor in this crumbling country, they could use your prayers and love…, by voting for the democratic party in November, and tell a friend!

Perhaps Putin and the rest of the war lords out there can take pause and ask themselves why they are going backwards?  In truth, they are fighting the wrong war. The preservation of the wilderness should be the most pressing issue for ALL nations.  If we don’t, collectively, WE are all pay the price.  Most of that price paid by our kids, grand kids and their grand kids, if we get that far… God, I hope we do.  “Think about it McFly!” (credit the film, “Back to the Future!”, circa 1985).  Think about it.  Have a great day and pray for peace, always.  PRESERVE THE WILDERNESS! Peace~M

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress