Greetings and salutations from the sand, sun and surf of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and the starry, cool and soon to be sunny island of Nantucket! Great to be with you early on this Monday morning, the 10th day of November, 2014, with the Cape and Islands expecting a spectacular day. A great day for boating, kayaking, biking, walking, swimming, bird watching, sail boarding, or strolling on the hundreds of incredible beaches you will have all to yourself today, taking in all of the beauty that is this little sand bar created 11,000 years ago by ‘The Last Great Ice Age’ has to offer. A hike at “Eagle Pond” in Cotuit? Perhaps planning your getaway to this amazing natural wonder before the new chairman of the U.S. Senate’s ‘Environment and Public Works’, Senator James, “Global Warming is the greatest hoax ever played on the American people”, Inhofe takes over the reigns in January. Taking control of an office that is supposed to “manage and preserve?” our very fragile environment. An environment that is on the chopping blocks now, one that is bought and sold like so many cattle–exploited daily by the big oil and gas corporate mandates to ‘drill baby, drill!–frack, frack, fracking beautiful! What is that velvet?—with no cares for the FUTURE of our planet’s natural resources, as they attempt to destroy every living thing on planet earth if it gets in the way of their ever growing PROFITS!
It is hard to fathom this blow to OUR beautiful land, air and SEA; our tributaries, streams and lakes. Putting that clown in charge of anything is an affront to common sense, however with this newly elected group of “Republicans” anything is possible–save sanity, LOVE and compassion.
The table has been set for impeachment of our very fine 44th U.S. President Barack Obama–who has done an outstanding job considering the circumstances real history books will prove. Impeached for you know, using his ‘executive authority’ (once raising the minimum wage for Federal contract workers) and the ‘veto’ pen (twice in six years) too much I suppose, neither of which of true. But when did the truth or FACTS ever get in a Republican politician’s (plutocratic operative’s) way?
The sad truth for the environment will be playing out soon with the possible passing of the Keystone XL pipeline. A move of epic FOLLY that WILL spell “lights out for the environment” (according to ALL credible climate scientists out there worth their salt–97 %), if all of that dirty, filthy, highly toxic and carbon intensive tar sands oil is sent through a pipeline right down the middle of this country, a b-line through the nation’s most vital aquifer, the Ogallala. That oil will not be ’saved’ for ‘national consumption’, rather will be, per the ‘invisible hand of the free market’, purchased by the highest bidder.
The people who will benefit the most from digging up five times more carbon than the earth can handle, all for THEIR own personal PROFIT, are very few and very far between. You know them as the Koch Brothers– who will stand to gain 100 billion more dollars to add to the 41 billion they each have in their bank accounts as we speak.
Let it be known that if approved, this pipeline will lead to a future locked into an old, dirty system of energy that has seen it’s day. We were once a nation that lead when it came to the ‘forests and the streams’, as even a former U.S. President, Richard M. Nixon, a Republican, got in on the act, passing the ‘Clean Water Act’ and ‘Clean Air Act’ into law in the early 1970’s. Something that would never happen today, as this nation has been hijacked by big oil and big gas; big chemical and big agriculture manipulators (GMO’s), so much so that (thanks to the folly of the 2010 SCOTUS’ “Citizens United” decision and little public will to change the status quo in Washington D.C.), it will be a miracle if the other 60 percent of our wildlife (the other 40 percent have vanished; become extinct in the past half century due to mankind’s lack of vision, unable to ’see the forest for the trees), make it to the end of the century.
What are people like the KOCH BROTHERS thinking? Are they that sadistic?
How much money is enough?
WE have a whole lot more POWER than they do, collectively, and if we don’t wake up soon to these very clear, very simple scientific FACTS regarding a cataclysm on the horizon, one that has not been seen by mankind, EVER, well, just keep on diggin’ that dirty tar sands boys, ’cause apparently the folks in Washington, and all of the pundits out there talking about 2016 already, are truly missing the point, they cannot SEA that forest for the trees in the slightest…
Have a great week ahead everybody and take a walk, feed a bird or pet a cat. You will be amazed at the result!
PRESERVE THE WILDERNESS! Peace~M